Creating and Using User Groups allows leadership to quickly send messages to specific groups of people during emergencies.
When you send a message to a User Group, only those individuals in the User Group will receive those messages.
The following are the steps needed to create a User Group. Also attached to this article is a PowerPoint that shows each step.
To create a User Group follow these steps:
1. Sign into Share911
2. Click or tap on your name or the menu icon in the upper right-hand corner
3. Click or tap on Manage People
4. Click or tap on Define User Group - label your User Groups
5. Locate the User(s) you wish to add to the User Groups under the People Directory tab
6. After locating the user, click or tap Actions > Manage Profile
7. Click or tap the My Channels tab
8. Select the User Group(s) that you wish that user be a member of
9. Click or tap Save Changes
To send a message to a User Group follow these steps:
1. Select Broadcast
2. Select Message
3. Select the User Groups
4. Type your message
5. Click Send Message to selected recipients
Note: Users can add themselves to User Groups by following the above steps.