Share911 sends you emergency alerts and messages via text message. In order to receive these alerts and messages, you need to provide your mobile number in your Share911 profile.
Once you have entered your mobile number, Share911 will send you a text message to verify that you entered the correct number.
The number that text message comes from is the number that we will always text you from. Save that number on your mobile device as a contact, call it Share911 and assign a unique text tone.
- Go to the Contacts app (which may be hidden in an automatically created folder) and select the contact you created called Share911.
- In the contact details, press Edit in the top right corner.
- Scroll down until you see Text Tone. Tap on either option to select which sound plays and the pattern of vibration for when this contact receives a text message from Share911.
- After you have selected your Text Tone, we suggest you enable Emergency Bypass for this contact, which will enable you to hear the audible text tone even if your phone is on silent or vibrate.
This process varies slightly depending on the phone’s manufacturer and the software installed.
- Go to the People app (also may be labeled Contacts) and select a contact
- In contact details, hit the Menu button (three vertical dots in the top-right corner) and choose Edit (this step may be unnecessary on your phone)
- Scroll down until you see Texttone. Tap it and select a tone to play when they call.
- Go to People Hub
- Select your contact from the list
- Enter edit mode by pressing the pencil-shaped icon on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen
- In here you can set up custom sounds for the Ringtone and Text tone, plus you can personalize notifications for any active email account