Creating and Using User Groups allows leadership to quickly send messages to specific groups of people during emergencies.
When you send a message to a User Group, only those individuals in the User Group will receive those messages.
The following are the steps needed to create a User Group. Also attached to this article is a PowerPoint that shows each step.
To create a User Group follow these steps:
1. Sign into Share911
2. Click your name/menu in the upper right hand corner
3. Click Manage People
4. Click Define User Group - label your User Groups
5. Locate the User(s) you wish to add to the User Groups under the People Directory tab
6. After locating the user, click Actions, then Manage Profile
7. Click My Channels tab
8. Select the User Group(s) that you wish that User to belong
9. Click Save Changes
To send a message to a User Group follow these steps:
1. Select Broadcast
2. Select Message
3. Select the User Groups
4. Type your message
5. Click Send Message to selected recipients
Note: Users can add themselves to User Groups by following the above steps.